Friday, March 23, 2007

Whant to do Shots? NO!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday I went back to Hopkins to check out a swelling in my neck. They said it was probably just a structural change in the tumor and it probably was not a blood clot because that would be on the same side as my port. This swelling was not on the same side as my port. After many medical professionals felt my neck I was sent for a CT Scan. It showed a blood clot! Who knew I was capable of getting a blood clot? Apparently the tumor wrapped itself around my little vein and slowed the blood flow back to the heart. The blood got tired of sitting around and started to clot. So now I am on Coumadin, but it takes a few days to kick in, so I have to get shots of Lovenox. Yes, SHOTS. The insurance company and hospital all feel that these can be easily given to yourself or by a loved one. I volunteered Mike and we went back the next day for his training. He did an excellent job. The needle does not hurt becaue it is very small and it is only a subcutaneous injection.

Injections

Container for used bits


On a lighter note, should i or should i not open the wedding present on my living room floor? It is not actually for me.... But if its a good gift, I could just replace it with one of mine and no one would know the difference.... Hmmm...